Every year more than half of Americans (52 percent) fail to use all their time off, creating a stock pile of 705 million unused vacation days, up from 662 million days the year before. As part of National Plan for a Vacation Day on January 29, 2019, I want to encourage Americans to take their well-deserved time off. The most effective remedy for American workers who want to use more vacation days is better planning. Here are three popular cruise itineraries that should be booked now during Wave Season at my agency, TLC Travels at Cruises Inc;
- Princess Cruises Award-Winning Alaska Cruises and Cruise Tours
- Norwegian Cruise 7-Day Hawaii Cruises from Honolulu
- Holland America Pacific Coastal (California) Sailings
Wave Season is the best time or the year to book a cruise. Many sales and exclusive offers happen at the beginning of each new year!
National Plan for Vacation Day is an opportunity for Americans to think about travel in America. “And who better than the travel industry to help plan the perfect vacation?” said Roger Dow, president and CEO, U.S. Travel Association. “America offers something for everyone, whether you prefer a sunny day at the beach or a snowball fight in the mountains. We encourage every American to plan their time off to explore our great country.”
Research shows that planners have a distinct advantage over non-planners: They use more of their time, take longer vacations and are happier.
- 53 percent of planners took all of their vacation time vs. 43 percent of non-planners.
- Planners are also more likely than non-planners to use all or most of their time off to travel (33 percent to 18 percent).
- More planners report they are “very” or “extremely” happy with their personal relationships (81 percent vs. 68 percent), health and well-being (56 percent vs. 43 percent), company (57 percent vs. 50 percent), and job (56 percent vs. 48 percent) compared to non-planners.
National Plan for Vacation Day is celebrated the last Tuesday in January as a day to encourage Americans to plan their vacation days for the rest of the year at the start of the year.
Cruises Inc. is part of the World Travel Holdings family of brands, one of the top travel retail networks in the world with incredible buying power with every major cruise line and many tour operators, resulting in exceptional low prices and exclusive offers such as upgrades, discounts and more.
About Cruises Inc.® In operation since 1982, Cruises Inc.® with an A-rating from the Better Business Bureau, has independent vacation specialists nationwide who create seamless vacation experiences, whether it be a cruise, resort stay or land tour, with the support of World Travel Holdings, the nation’s largest cruise agency and award-winning leisure travel company.